MINT! Unfair to call it used. Comes with everything as if it were new!
Delivering a bit trimmer sonic and weight profile, the Rectifier® Badlander™ 50 holds its own while adding a distinct tonal character to the Badlander Series. Even more aggressive sounding, yet with an inviting, effortless feel, it’s buffed and ready to go places where less output power is the call.
Two identical Channels feature 3 new dynamic and duplicated Modes. Its CLEAN, CRUNCH and CRUSH modes supply the gain, shaping power and an urgent personality to navigate most ensemble and virtually any recording environments.
In the Badlander 50, the 2-Channel preamp hooks up with two different and perfect power displacements that enhance everything from clean to clipped to wildly saturated. The 50 Watt setting delivers bold authority and the highest headroom while the 20-watt setting finds the power tubes re-wired for Triode operation that unveils greater clipping potential and a mid-scooped, harmonic-laden response that reveals trademark EL34 Tone.
A UNIQUE SONIC PROFILE WITH CRUSHING CHARACTER
Sometimes less is more, and if that’s your mantra, the Badlander 50 is a perfect fit. Weighing-in at considerably less, there are physical considerations at play for sure. Yet the Middleweight contender in the Badlander Family has its own story to tell when it comes to a defiant attitude and a rebellious nature. Some feel there is a unique benefit to lower wattage amplifiers, often described as a sense that top-end travels more freely and quickly through the circuit. While perhaps a bit over-simplified, truth be told the Badlander in 50 Watt form does display that characteristic along with it’s bouncy, easy to play nature.
CABCLONE IR WITH 8 MESA VIRTUAL IR CABINETS ON BOARD
The Badlander 50 is the recordist's dream realized. It features our first onboard CabClone™ IR and it delivers seamless DI with Channel Specific IR Assignment of the 8 virtual Cabinets and a Reactive Load that sounds and feels great. Together with the new sounds, the most versatile and recordable Recto ever is created, even when used in “silent mode” when you can’t use your favorite cabinet!
The CabClone IR delivers newfound flexibility, portability and previously only dreamed of convenience. You now have the ability to go direct silently or with your cab, for recording, stage or headphone practicing with instant access to 8 real MESA cabinets mic’d in a Pro-Environment and library storage for more. It really doesn’t get any better in terms of having a consistent tone from venue to venue, with or without a speaker cabinet, your choice.
The built-in, channel assignable CabClone IR Virtual Cabinet Simulator & Reactive Amp Load comes preloaded with the following 8 Authentic MESA Virtual Cabinet IRs including:
4x12 Rectifier Standard (closed back)
4x12 Rectifier Traditional (closed back)
2x12 Rectifier Horizontal (closed back)
1x12 Rectifier (closed back)
1x12 Thiele (closed-back, front-ported)
2x12 Lone Star (open back)
1x12 Lone Star 23 (open back)
1x12 California Tweed 23 (open back)
MULTI-WATT™- 50 OR 20 WATTS AT THE SWITCH
The Badlander 50 features our patented Multi-Watt™ Power Switch that offers two wattage settings; A FULL power 50 watts running both EL34s and a HALF power setting reconfigured for Triode wiring producing 20 Watts of clip-able sweetness that also runs the pair of output tubes. Each has its own set of benefits and character and together they provide almost limitless possibilities when you consider the pairings with the available preamp Modes, their gain structures and dial-able sounds.
THE EVOLUTION OF RECTO TONE
If you’re into big, menacing Tone, but don’t need the power or the weight of a classic 100-Watt-er, we invite you to check out what 50 years designing and building high-performance Tube Amps can serve up in the 50 watt range . From Clean and Crunch on to Modern Era Heavy, experience the Badlander 50 and our latest evolution of Recto tone. It’s a Rectifier at its core, but not the Recto you know.
- Hand-crafted in Petaluma, California with the World’s finest materials
- All-Tube Amplifier: 2xEL34 Power Tubes / 5x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Class A/B Power with selectable, global 50/20 Power Switch - Provides two power options: 20-Watt mode utilizes 2 tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes. 50-Watt mode utilizes 2 power tube operating in Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity.
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance-Free Performance
- Full Power/Variac Power™ Switch
- 2 Fully Independent, Footswitchable Channels, each with 3 Mode Channel Cloning™ and CabClone™ IR Controls:
- Channel 1 & 2 Feature: Channel Cloned Clean, Crunch & Crush Modes, with Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master and 8-Position CabClone IR select (back-panel) controls
- Built-in, Channel Assignable CabClone IR (Cabinet Simulator & Reactive Amp Load) features:
- Preloaded with 8 authentic MESA "Live" (Dynamic & Ribbon mic'd ) cabinet IRs
- Open system, third-party IR compatibility via USB connection allows open access to download, store and use your favorite IRs (USB 2.0 A to B connection cable required for managing IR file directory - cable not included)
- Extra "Cabinet Library" space for storing additional IR favorites, beyond the 8 factory presets, for native access via any USB computer connection
- IR Level control
- IR Balanced XLR Direct Output (controlled by Level control)
- Headphone Output jack (controlled by Level control)
- Ground Lift switch
- Fully Buffered, Tube-Driven, Series FX Loop
- All Aluminum Chassis
- Single-button footswitch for switching between Channels 1 & 2.
- Slip Cover
- Format: 1x12 Combo (Head & Rackmount Head also available)
- Standard Finish: Black Taurus Vinyl (cabinet and upper wrap on the front panel), Black Jute Grille with Silver piping
- Celestion Creamback 65 Speaker
- Dimensions: 9 5/8" H x 22 3/4" W x 10 3/8" D
- Weight: 60 lbs.
Mesa/Boogie products are ONLY available for US shipping, must be a US resident.